Friday, October 21, 2011

McQueenLove (blog#6)

There are countless examples of Alexander McQueen's genius and creativity.  So many shows that were breathtakingly beautiful and many other more disturbingly gritty displays. (see below link and video)
McQueen 2001



This following runway show from F/W 1999-2000 is definitely one of my favorites.  I love the winter scene, the music, the make up, and of course the clothing.  I think its beautiful when designers bring the outside in and involve nature in their shows. I recommend checking out the other videos of this show (part 2&3) the models even ice skate. As always McQueen's shows prove to be inspirational and spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the ice skating, it was so original and daring! Alexander McQueen's audacious skills were always so great and his phenomenal designs will continue to live on.

    ReplyDelete